Thursday, February 12, 2009

Where I go for my Yoga class

I thought you might enjoy seeing where I go once a week for my yoga class. I attend this class on Thursday mornings at 8:00. It's held at this beautiful Bed & Breakfast in historic El Centro,
Casa de Leyendas. If you're interested, here is a link to their website. http://www.casadeleyendas.com/

Below are a few photos taken of the B & B and my class.

This is the patio dining/pool area .

Living room.
At the top of this beautiful staircase are the bedrooms and
the outdoor terrace where my yoga class is held.

I'm going to attempt to describe for you the sounds I hear as my 1 hour yoga class begins. In a typical yoga class their is silence or very soft music as the yoga instructor works you through the poses. Well, of course, not in Mexico.
I hear at 8:00 in the morning the businesses and homes, on the street below, waking up - the hustling and bustling of preparing for the day. I hear the sound of broom sweeping, chattering of voices in Espanol, clanking of dishes in preparation for breakfast and the aroma of cafe along the sidewalks below. The birds soar overhead as we look up to a beautiful blue sky working through our yoga poses. The sun begins to peek around the corner as it makes it way to the terrace. A slight breeze is felt against our skin. We hear some mexican music playing in the distance, the mexican people are never without their music. Then, as we prepare to go into complete relaxation after the intense yoga poses, I can hear the soothing sound of the doves or pigeons (not sure which) below.
I hope you could get an idea from this description of what a yoga class in Mexico might consist of. Not just the yoga poses but so much more. Just a beautiful experience!!
Today our instructor, Maureen Geraghty (Mo), (website for her class schedule http://www.mazatlanyoga.com/about.htm, is working us through "chair yoga".
It was a small class, only 6 of us. Usually around 10.
Chair version of "downward facing dog".
Chair version of "Sun Salutation"
Prayer Pose
Be sure to click on the link above to get an even better idea
of just how beautiful this B&B really is.

2 comments:

xhabyra said...

En el malecon hay un grupo de Yogis que practica por las tardes cerca del hotel Hacienda :D

In the afternoons a group of Yogis practice on the beach, nearby HACIENDA hotel.

The Beachbums said...

Thanks for the info. Good to know. I'll have to check out Maureen Geraghty's schedule and see if this is one of her classes.