Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Last day of Carnaval "Fantasia Universal"

For the past 6 days Maz has been very busy and noisey. Carnaval, with it's theme this year of "Fantasia Universal" ends today with the parade lining up again along Avenida del Mar (the malecon). It'll start at 4:00, so this time it will be daylight and we should be able to get some great photos of the floats.

Last night, there was a fabulous fireworks show from the beach. We watched it from a friend's condo on the 14th floor of our building. It was like we could reach out and touch them.
Just spectacular!


I didn't get any real good photos of the fireworks but here are couple that can give you and idea of where they were being shot from on the beach. I'll be posting photos of the floats from the parade soon.




Today is "Fat Tuesday". So what will you be abstaining from until Easter? Tomorrow is the start of Lent. I think my choice will be ceviche. I do love it though! :)

No comments: