Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My first Zumba class

Today, I went to my first ever Zumba class. I had been hearing about Zumba for a couple years now and really wanted to check into it. I found a lady from Minneapolis, Minnesota who is living here in Mazatlan and teaching Zumba classes out of her home.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Zumba, "it's a mix of body sculping movements with easy to follow dance steps like the merengue, salsa, cumbia, mambo, samba and flamenco, as well as, other dances from around the world including hip hop and belly dance. The dances are set to toe tapping, hip swiveling, arm swinging, high energy Latin music that just makes you want to get up and moooovve."

Check out this site for more information on Zumba Fitness. http://www.zumbacize.com/

I have to admit, it was a little challenging for me but I made it through my first class and plan to go again. I would like to try to take the 3-day a week classes (M W F) that this lady offers. The class was held on the back patio of her home and started at 8:30 am and lasted 1 hour. It was in the sun and 70 degrees so we got quite hot, lots of perspiring but it was a great cardio workout and so much fun. I'll keep you posted on how my Zumba class progresses. Oh and get this, the class here in Mazatlan was $30 pesos, that's about $2.70 US. Amazing, huh!

No comments: