Sunday, October 14, 2007

My first time driving in Mexico!

Today, I finally attempted to drive for the first time here in Maz. I had been agonizing over how hard it was going to be to drive our van out of the garage and out on the roadway. Turned out I accomplished it with no problem. I drove over to Sam's Club (about 1/2 mile) and back. It is Sunday and the traffic isn't as heavy so Greg thought this would be a good day to practice. I feel relieved that I now know I can do it. Of course, driving with weekday traffic will be a little different story but I am confident I can do it.

Here in Maz the traffic lights are kind of hidden so that is one thing you have to watch for. You could easily drive right threw a red light. Also, lots of buses, motorcycles, pedestrians and cars cutting you off. So there are alot of things to watch for. As Greg says, you really need to be a defensive/aggressive driver here. Anyway, so far so good. If I do get a fender/bender now and then, our new van will look like the rest of the cars here in Maz.

No comments: